Lake District Bed and Breakfast (B&B) Accommodation in Windermere – Ellerthwaite lodge
Family owned Ellerthwaite Lodge, Modernised Traditional Windermere Bed and Breakfast accommodation in the heart of the lake district, within walking distance of Lake Windermere, Windermere village and a great alternative to a Windermere hotel.
- • Charming 19th century Windermere Bed & Breakfast, Providing 16 individually
different relaxing non smoking bedrooms.
- • Comfortably furnished en-suite’s some with shower only.
- • Freshly cooked to order Cumbrian breakfasts, using locally sourced
ingredients and we try to accommodate all appetites and requests.
- • Free private off road parking, and Free WIFI to residents.
- • Rooms furnished with fresh towels, Samsung flat screen TV’s showing digital
channels, complimentary hospitality trays, complimentary soaps & shampoos.
- • Unique 1st floor lounge with brown leather chesterfields to relax in, and we also run a small coffee bar during the day with inside and outside seating.
- • Friendly staff on duty all day to assist with your requests or requirements during
your time with us, and who keep the building clean and tidy.
- • We cater for short breaks or longer stays have a look at the tariff page or give
us a call, we always offer the best available rates when contacting us directly.
In the local area you are only 2 minutes walk from Windermere Village with its variety of shops and a number of good quality restaurants or bars and its excellent bus or rail links to other part of the English Lake district, or take a 15 to 20 minute stroll to Lake Windermere and Bowness where Windermere lakes cruises can transport you to various locations on lake Windermere.
Windermere Hotel or B&B
Lake Windermere, at 12 miles long, one mile wide and 220 feet deep, is the largest natural lake in England. Lakeland's most popular holiday resort - is an excellent centre for boating activities, with over 10,000 boats registered. Steamers and launches operate from Bowness Bay to Waterhead at Ambleside, and Lakeside at the southern end. At the southern end is Lakeside Pier, and Lakeside Station of the Lakeside and Haverthwaite Railway, and also the Aquarium of the Lakes.
Our Gretna Hotel
Heading to Scotland why not stay in our amazing Gretna Hotel